This has happened to me a few times on several devices, so I thought I’d publish the solution that worked for me.
If your Logitech keyboard doesn’t connect to your iPad, or you get the message that “Connection Unsuccessful Make sure “Logitech Ultrathin KB Cover” is turned on and in range,” you may wish to try the following:
- Turn on your iPad
- Go to Settings
- Go to Bluetooth
- Under Devices, click the information icon (a circle with an i in it)
- Click Forget this Device
- Click OK to confirm
- You should now be back at the Bluetooth screen
- Make sure your Logitech cover is turned on (for me, I slid the switch to make it show green instead of showing orange) and the battery charged
- Press the Bluetooth button on your keyboard; if all is working well, you should see the device show up under Devices–it should say Logitech Ultrathin KB Cover
- Click on Logitech Ultrathin KB Cover. It should now connect and display Connected next to the information icon
That worked for me on two different iPads. Hope it helps someone.